Our History


  • Where we began...

    Walnut Street Baptist Church was organized on November 28, 1878.



  • Relocated...

    In March 1994 the church was relocated to 3300 Frederica Street due to a fire in March 1992. The church was renamed Walnut Memorial Baptist Church.




  • Where we are now...

    In November 2008, the church made a decision to purchase our current property, 507 W. Byers Avenue, due to tremendous growth and no room for expansion at our Frederica Street location.


We are...

A church of Christ's baptized disciples, acknowledging Him as their Head, relying on His atoning sacrifice for justification before God, and depending on the Holy Spirit for sanctification, united in the belief of the Gospel, agreeing to maintain its ordinances and obey its precepts, meeting together for worship and cooperating for the extension of Christ's Kingdom int he world.  The two-fold purpose of this church shall be to win souls to Christ and to teach them and train them to be growing Christians as commanded in the Great Commission.